Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Journal entry of Hari

This is a journal entry of Hari's point of view...
Dear diary,
Who does he thing he is? Trying to make me desperate! Mum is very sick, I just wished that one day he would change his attitude. Now I am on my on to support my family including my siblings Bela and Kamal, thank goodness Lila is here to help. Look, even Lila herself had given up school so that she could stay at home to cook, wash and look after others. I wish Father would just stop drinking toddy and turn over a new leave. There is other things better to do than drinking and lay around everyday, he can help by earning some money at least. I even heard that factories were going to be built in Thul, which means that more opportunities will be available. I really hope they will get on and over with this so that I will be able to work and support my family.

Father is pray that you will start a new...
Sincerely,
Hari

1 comment:

  1. I definitely agree with your journal entry. Hari has to support the family on his own. I feel he has to be very tired and stressed out. I couldn't imagine myself trying to support my family all by myself, it would be very difficult. We should admire Hari's values and spirit. He did not give up although his situation was really tough. I think that his father is not helping the situation, he is just drinking all day long. I hope he will turn over a new leaf and help out in the situation!

    ReplyDelete