Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Poem (Old School Days)

Some parts need to be Sinagporean's slang in order to get the reader's attention

The sky is vast and crystal blue,
The flags are raising, be silent!
The flags were like waves of the ocean,
Way above the dusty wooden cross,
Don't laugh, Don't whisper,
Pricipals give a speech, Don't fred,
People tap your back, don't even think about it!
Self-discipline is crucial, sigh...

keeping our shoes white, never mind!
Getting to our class, that's our goal,
Chit-Chat as we walked,
Thumping of footsteps as we followed,
Oh my! Oh my! Get into the class quickly!
The teacher is coming!
Behave yourselves, shhhhh!

Canteen is like a paradise,
It is a place for discussing answers, gossiping, joking, whatever you can think of!
What we think of it, you already know!
Food here is delicious,
It is cheap and worth it,
Special days, special food!

One time, one achievement,
Walking on stage full of pride,
What waits before me is a prize,
A prize that I will receive with honour,
Bow before the crowd,
Get of the stage which I will rarely get on.

After school, that's one thing,
Going home, that's another thing,
Seeing people vandalising railings, very common,
Seeing young ones waiting,
Tapping my feet as I wait,
The sun shone rentlessly on my back,
Here comes my ride,
Home Sweet Home!

-By Ryan Lau

No comments:

Post a Comment