Monday, August 1, 2011

Narrative Dialogue

"........."


"What had happened here A?", B called out


"I'm not quite sure B, all I could remember was that we were chased by killer robots and we ended up in this mini mart"


"It's dark I am afraid, what happen if we do not make it out"


"It is okay son, we will get out, I promise", B said with a shine of hope in his eyes.


"Are you sure?...", A replied with doubts


"I am absolutely sure"


"Holy smokes!"


"Keep quiet, don't blow our hideout...", whispered B.


"That was close"

"My heart nearly came to a halt"


"This planet is not our home anymore A"


"Dad, I heard that there is a safe place over the other side of the world, where people live"


"That is impossible, we saw in the news how destructive the robots were, that killed everyone in their path, no one, absolutely no one could have survived"


"Even though they had survived, the robots would have probably found them and annihilate them with their alien weapons."


"What should we do...?"

"We have to escape form this place no matter what. Our food supplies are depleting and the robots are getting closer!..."

"But where would we go?"

"Anywhere safe"

"But what about the place where it is safe, I thought you promised me?..."

"You have to fact the fact, that no one could have survived an attack like that"

"But....but"

"Enough talk more movement"

"Okay... ..."

"Here we go, the new world, it what we have to find..."

Reflection

I feel that not only using actions, situation and appearances allows us to show the feelings of the certain character. In this story, the dialogues at first have a more steady tone, and as the story or dialogue continues, the tone starts to get sad towards the end. The theme I chose was "The attack of robots, live or survive" which is basically about alien robots attacking Earth and destroyed almost everything in reach, and if you guessed it, the characters are a father and his son. I got this idea from the movie "I am Legend", where by the entire city is zombified and a doctor lives to find a cure. In the end, he finds a cure and there is a place where people are safe. What touches me is that he has served his purpose to find the cure, that is great responsibility and independence to live among the zombies.

No comments:

Post a Comment