Sunday, January 23, 2011

The Theme in Comics

The Camp




This is my Comic strip, I hope you like it! I drew this without props and images, just paint brushes and speech bubbles... I got the idea from a story told by my primary school Principal. The story was about people carrying heavy crosses on their backs and travelled to their destination which was far away like the Bridge in this story. However, one decided to cut of some wood of the cross so that it will be easier to carry. Unfortunately, they all came to a trench, they laid their cross on the gap and walked over. The guy who had cut his cross, ended up stuck on one side due to the fact that the cross is too short to be laid on the gap. Like the guy in my comic, he ended up drowning, I used this scene to get it into people's mind to tell them that "THERE IS NO SHORTCUT TO SUCCESS". Sorry if the comic is too tragic, it is for your own good.

Now here are the things that helped me in the comic
-I used paint brushes due to the fact that the website does not have what I want and to ensure the originality of my comic
- Have a comic book feature.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comic is very interesting and made me take a closer look at it. The drawing is superb. Though it is a simple story, it made me learn something. Many people always like to take the shortest route to success as they are all too lazy to work hard to really get what they wanted my really working hard for it. One example will be to cheat during and exam. The person who cheated obviously wanted to score high marks and hence copied someone's else's answers. Even if that person got a good score, he will surely not feel as happy as how he would if he had gotten the results all by himself. In your story, you depicted it as the guy drowning because he tried to take a shortcut.
    Fun Xue Yao (5) 2P4

    ReplyDelete