Monday, January 31, 2011

Favourite Chinese New Year Memory


My Favourite Chinese New Year memory was in 2009 when I celebrated Chinese New Year in two separate places. One in Singapore, and the other in Melaka. It was the most important year as well, as it was the year for Primary School Leaving Examination (PSLE). So, I need as much luck as I can get at this time of the year. What I was looking forward for 2009 CNY was not the red packets containing money we will be receiving but the family gathering that will be conducted. 2009 was the year of the zodiac Ox which will occur every 12 years. And every year, I would travel to Melaka to visit my relatives, we have family renunion dinner, catch up with old times and hear stories on what happens every year. The best part is when we play with fireworks, every year the blocks will compete with each other to have the longest show!

No comments:

Post a Comment